Parents who have built and completed their families through assisted reproductive technology (ART) are often left with embryos they have cryopreserved but do not plan to use. Rather than discarding those remaining embryos, embryo donation is a thoughtful way to help others hoping to build their families through ART.
What is embryo donation?
What is the purpose of an embryo donation agreement?
Other issues that the agreement will address include:
- Reimbursement of expenses for transportation and storage fees of donated embryos, if any
- Rights regarding future use and/or disposition of any cryopreserved embryos
- Confidentiality of the parties
- Obligations/desires regarding future contact and/or medical information
- Rights of the child or children born from the embryo donation
Are embryo donors paid for donating their embryos?
We’re here for you, please reach out.
As adoption and reproductive law attorneys, The Law Offices of Laurie B. Goldheim serve as a primary resource, counsel and partner to clients who seek to grow their families by contemporary means and methods, as recognized by the courts of New York and New Jersey.